Fish Stew - ROHIT or KATLA FISH
FISH STEW - Kata Pona macher jhol (gravy)
- Rui or Katla fish 500g, seasoned with turmeric and salt.
- Potato and Carrot, diced, 100g
- Shallot, 50g
- Ginger paste, 1 tsp
- Bay leaves, 2
- Peppercorn, 1/2 tsp
- Cumin and turmeric paste, 2 tsp
- Salt and silted green chili as required.
- Sunflower oil, 2 tbs
- Hot water 1 cup
This recipe is a simple authentic Bengali fish dish for a daily meal, simple but delicious - barir khabar. This fish Stew is a dish best served hot with plain hot rice or flat bread.
- Fry the fish, do not fry long, keep aside.
- Now again add bay leaves and peppercorn in that hot pan, add all the vegetables, do not fry much, add ginger paste and masala paste, stir a little, add salt.
- After a few minutes add fish and pour hot water, let it cook on high flame for a few minutes, and again simmer until it is cooked well, about 5 to 10 minutes. Fish stew is ready.
Add half an hour to cook the dish.
Fish stew has 325 Calorie Energy, This recipe is and healthy.